- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- grated rind of two oranges
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a bunch of blueberries! (maybe 1 or 2 cups, however many you like)
2. Mix wet ingredients and then add to the dry, stirring until the mixture is moist. Add blueberries.
3. Drop spoonfuls of whatever size you want your scones to be onto parchment paper.
4. Bake at 400 F for 18 minutes.
5. While the scones are still warm you can drizzle them with a glaze of the juice from the oranges and sugar. You can also add in some of the rind if you have any left. This makes the orange flavor even stronger, but if you like crispier, drier scones you shouldn't use too much of this because it makes the scones a little soggy if there's too much. The last thing I did was to sprinkle the scones with sugar, just for extra crunch/sweetness.
I bet other fruit/berry combos would be good and fun to do also. I think this recipe made about a dozen scones, but I made them pretty large. Enjoy!