Photobucket
SCAN0038SCAN0039_2SCAN0039_2_2SCAN0039

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Rolls

It's summer. Let's make some summer rolls.

1. Chop up veggies. I used cucumbers, carrots, jicama, and green onions. For herbs I used mint and cilantro. Also lettuce.

2. Marinate tofu slices. You don't have to do this but it makes it tasty. I used peanut sauce, a little soy sauce and some rice vinegar.

3. The rice paper wrapper you can get at most grocery stores and they are really cheap. I got Vietnamese Bánh Tráng brand Spring Roll Wrapper Galettes de Riz. You need a shallow bowl of water. Swirl the rice paper in water for about 10 seconds until it gets soft.

4. Load up the goods.
5. Roll it up. I don't have a very special technique for this, just fold the ends in and then roll it tight.
6. EAT. With Peanut Sauce. I used Thai Kitchen Peanut Satay Sauce, which was pretty good, but not the holy grail of peanut sauces. Should probably hit up Little Saigon for that.

1 comment:

  1. mmm. the water for the rice paper should be warm, and it also tastes good when you put shrimp on the inside. try it with plum sauce too.
    yum. i miss making this.

    ReplyDelete