Photobucket
SCAN0038SCAN0039_2SCAN0039_2_2SCAN0039

Monday, June 21, 2010

Pizzas & Pico de Gallo cheese spread





Today I discovered why pizzas have crusts. When you make pizzas as fat as we do, you're gonna need that extra dough on the sides to keep the whole thing from burning up. Can't imagine why this never occurred to me sooner. I guess I've always suspected some foul play on pizza makers' part because I really love my pies thin.

From the bottom up:
  • pizza dough
  • tomato sauce
  • sliced fresh mozzarella
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • green onions
  • chopped jalapeƱos
  • bacon
  • crumbled feta
  • shredded parmesan





Pico de Gallo cheese spread
This is adapted from a mediterranean spread that they had at Westside's sampling area.
  • 1/4 cup of crumbled feta
  • 1/2 of a jalapeƱo (or more, depending on how much heat you can handle)
  • 1/4 of a tomato with the seeds and pulped removed
  • 1/4 of an onion
  • handful of cilantro
All you have to do is finely chop the vegetables and mix it all together. I'd add more tomato to kinda liquify the texture a bit more. Since this spread is a bit chunky, it tastes like pico de gallo, which is never bad in my book. I ate some with the pizza crust, which makes me think that it would be a nice variation of bruschetta. mmm.

The spread at Westside (from what I could taste) had some olives a littttle bit of garlic.

Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment